Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May Update: More Stall & Dean Stuff and "The Golden Idol"

  

     Still working on Stall & Dean material, and here's a few screenshots of my shot at a retro look.  This is what I was talking about earlier when I said I would make the cartoon have an "old advertisement come to life" kinda look.  In the beginning of the cartoon, it's going to look like an animated version of those aged adverts for baseball cards and gear in the back of 1940 era comics.  This is also what I meant about combining the old with the young, by animating the olden art and quality with the new age flash look.  Check 'em!




     This one is meant to look more faded, but I'm still experimenting with masks and whatnot.  It's going to look more weathered and worn than the last screenshot, progressively looking more aged, then going back to more modern and clean looks.

     And this guy's head will morph into that bow and shoot out that arrow, which is Stall & Dean's logo, which flies and draws S&D's name out.  This, coupled with all the other screenshots I've posted before, are all going to flow into one another in one continuous stream of wacky morphs and transitions, like one quick and crazy journey.

     And here's more animation from my baseball epic "The Golden Idol".






     Pretty neat and gory, huh?  Originally there was blood glistening on his eyes/meat after the tear, but I took it out since it made the rip look slower.  And I didn't want to go overboard with the gore, so I also took out the splatter flying out.  This part was a pain to animate, as the eyelids, brows, nose, and eyeballs/meat were all on their own layers and were animated one at a time.  Otherwise I would've gone insane doing this whole picture at once.  The twitching was easy, though.  Just animated him furrowing his brow and tightening his eyes, then copy and paste normal raised brows between those frames.  The scene where he's shaking hands with President Obama was kinda repetitive, too.  At first I wanted to make all of the audience members unique, but that was taking too long.  I just decided to copy a few bodies and just change the heads.  I also reused the hands.  And I'm thinking of putting Osama bin Laden's severed head in Obama's hand, but I'm still debating that one.

     More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment